Infinix, a subsidiary of the tech giant Transsion Holdings, has been gaining global recognition, expanding its footprint beyond Africa and South Asia. The Infinix Zero series, especially the Zero 30 5G, has emerged as a standout product. In this article, we delve into the device’s pros and cons, providing you with an informed perspective on whether it’s the right choice for budget-conscious consumers in 2023.
- Premium Design: The Infinix Zero 30 5G boasts an eye-catching design with a curved display and Gorilla Glass 5, exuding a flagship vibe.
- Impressive Camera: A 50MP AF Vlog Camera, 4K 60fps video recording on both primary and selfie cameras, and innovative video effects make it ideal for content creators.
- Loud Stereo Speakers: Equipped with stereo speakers and DTS audio support, this device delivers an immersive audio experience.
- Speedy Charging: With 68W fast charging, your device can go from zero to ready in no time.
- 5G Connectivity: Stay connected at high speeds with 5G capabilities.
- Bloatware: Pre-installed apps may not be appreciated by those who prefer a cleaner software experience.
- Limited Software Updates: The device offers only one year of OS updates and two security patches, falling behind some competitors in terms of long-term support.
Design: Aesthetic and Premium
The Infinix Zero 30 5G’s design is a head-turner, featuring a curved display that adds a touch of elegance to the mid-range category. Its use of Gorilla Glass 5 on both front and back panels enhances durability, while color options like “Golden Hour,” “Rome Green,” and “Fantasy Purple” cater to a youthful audience. The unboxing experience is well-packaged, complete with a 68W charger, a non-standard USB Type-A to Type-C cable for fast charging, and a transparent TPU case for added protection.
Build Quality and Controls: Sturdy and Well-Made
With an IP53 rating, Gorilla Glass 5, and a well-placed control layout, the Infinix Zero 30 5G offers durability and user-friendly ergonomics. Its in-display fingerprint reader adds a layer of convenience, and the punch hole for the selfie camera is unobtrusive.
Speakers and Audio Quality: Stereo Sound and Customization
Stereo speakers, combined with DTS audio support, provide an impressive audio experience with minimal distortion. The device offers sound presets and a manual equalizer, allowing for customized audio settings, a rarity in budget-friendly smartphones.
The camera setup is a highlight, with 4K 60fps video recording on both front and rear cameras. The primary camera produces sharp, detailed 4K footage with vibrant colors and minimal noise. The selfie camera excels in well-lit conditions, making it a solid choice for vloggers. Real-time video effects add creativity to your videos, although they limit resolution to Full HD. Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) is available, though it comes with a slight frame crop.
Battery Life and Charging Speed: A Balanced Offering
The device’s 5,000 mAh battery and efficient Dimensity 8020 chipset deliver commendable battery life, easily lasting a day and a quarter with medium usage. The standout feature is the Infinix proprietary 68W fast charging, allowing for rapid replenishment of the battery.
XOS 13 and Software: A Customized Experience
The Infinix Zero 30 runs on XOS 13, a custom skin atop Android 13. While it’s heavily customized and includes pre-installed apps, it offers extensive customization options for users who want to personalize their device.
Performance: A Competent Performer
Powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 8020 chipset, the Infinix Zero 30 delivers robust performance, handling gaming and daily tasks smoothly. The Mali-G77 MC9 GPU ensures a responsive experience, though prolonged stress may result in thermal throttling.
The Infinix Zero 30 5G is a compelling choice for budget-conscious consumers in 2023, offering a premium design, impressive camera capabilities, stereo sound, speedy charging, and 5G connectivity. However, the presence of bloatware and limited software updates should be considered when making your decision.