Google is facing scrutiny as users have discovered that transcripts of their conversations with the AI chatbot, Bard, are being indexed in search results. The reason behind this change is unclear, leaving users concerned about their privacy and data security.
Google Bard Conversations in Search Results:
- People have reported finding links to conversations with Google’s Bard chatbot in search results, raising privacy concerns.
- To replicate this, users can type ‘site:bard.google.com/share’ into the Google Search bar.
- Previously considered private, these conversations now pose potential privacy risks.
Google has not officially confirmed whether this chatbot indexing is an intentional feature or an indexing error.
Related to Recent Content Update?:
- The appearance of Bard transcripts in search results coincided with a recent update to Google’s helpful content search ranking system.
- It remains unclear if this update led to Google indexing Bard’s conversations.
User Vigilance Advised:
- Users are encouraged to exercise caution when interacting with Google Bard and avoid discussing sensitive or private information.
- While Bard serves various purposes, including customer service and personal assistance, the public visibility of these conversations underscores the importance of not sharing sensitive data with AI chatbots.
As the situation unfolds, users should remain vigilant about the information they share with chatbots like Bard to safeguard their privacy.