Apple enthusiasts worldwide may have reason to rejoice as Ming-Chi Kuo, a prominent analyst, hints at the potential global expansion of the highly anticipated Apple Vision Pro mixed-reality headset.
While the pre-orders for the Vision Pro kick off on January 19th in the United States, Kuo’s insights suggest a broader availability beyond the U.S. market before the WWDC 2024 event.
- Pre-Order and Launch Dates: The Apple Vision Pro is set for pre-order availability starting January 19th in the United States, with the official launch scheduled for February 2nd.
- Global Expansion Plans: Ming-Chi Kuo speculates that Apple aims to extend the availability of the Vision Pro to other regions before the WWDC 2024 event. This move aligns with Apple’s strategy to promote the “global development ecosystem of VisionOS.”
- Limited U.S. Availability: Initially restricted to the United States, the Vision Pro’s global release is a strategic move after testing the waters in the U.S. market and gauging consumer response.
- Supply Constraints: Apple’s decision to limit the initial release is attributed to supply constraints, with approximately 80,000 units expected for launch. The company intends to monitor demand before expanding availability.
- Regulatory Compliance Challenges: The Vision Pro’s delayed global launch is also tied to the need for modifying existing algorithms to comply with diverse regulations in different countries.
While specific regions for the global launch remain undisclosed, speculations point to the United Kingdom, China, and Canada as potential next destinations.
The limited availability at the U.S. launch signals high demand, making it crucial for Apple to fine-tune its strategy for the broader global release. Stay tuned for updates as the Apple Vision Pro paves the way for a new era in mixed-reality technology.