The 38th match of the ODI World Cup 2023 is set to unfold as Bangladesh and Sri Lanka clash on November 6 at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi.
Bangladesh, led by Shakib Al Hasan, has had a challenging run in the tournament, suffering six consecutive defeats. Currently placed ninth in the ten-team table, they have managed to secure only one victory. Their most recent loss against Pakistan led to their elimination from the competition.
Sri Lanka, on the other hand, faced back-to-back defeats against Afghanistan and India. In their recent encounter with India, they endured a significant setback, succumbing to a daunting 302-run defeat, primarily due to a lackluster performance by their batsmen.
- Match: Bangladesh vs Sri Lanka, ODI World Cup 2023, Match 38
- Venue: Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Date & Time: Monday, November 06, 2:00 PM (IST)
- Live Streaming: Star Sports Network, Disney+ Hotstar app and website
Arun Jaitley Stadium Pitch Report: The pitch at the Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi typically favors the batsmen. The dry surface and short boundaries allow the batsmen to score boundaries comfortably. However, as the match progresses, the pitch tends to dry out, providing spinners with an advantage. Historical records suggest that the team winning the toss is likely to opt for batting first to set a defendable total.
- Matches Played: 53
- Sri Lanka Won: 42
- Bangladesh Won: 09
- No Result: 02
- First Played: 02-Apr-1986
- Last Played: 03-Sep-2003
Probable Playing XI:
Tanzid Hasan, Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mahmudullah, Shakib Al Hasan (c), Towhid Hridoy, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, Shoriful Islam
Sri Lanka (SL):
Pathum Nissanka, Dimuth Karunaratne, Kusal Mendis (c, wk), Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Angelo Mathews, Dushan Hemantha, Dushmantha Chameera, Maheesh Theekshana, Kasun Rajitha, Dilshan Madushanka
Probable Best Performers:
Probable Best Batter:
- Sadeera Samarawickrama (Sri Lanka) Sadeera Samarawickrama is expected to play a pivotal role in Sri Lanka’s match against Bangladesh. He has been the team’s top run-scorer in the tournament, amassing 331 runs in seven games, including a century, with an impressive average of 66.20 and a strike rate of 103.11.
Probable Best Bowler:
- Dilshan Madushanka (Sri Lanka) Dilshan Madushanka may shine as Sri Lanka’s key bowler in the upcoming match against Bangladesh. Despite their loss to India, Madushanka claimed a five-wicket haul, making him the second-highest wicket-taker in the tournament with 18 wickets at an excellent economy rate of 6.41.
Today’s Match Prediction:
Based on analysis and instincts, the prediction suggests that the team batting first is likely to secure the victory. However, it’s essential to consider various factors before making your prediction. Enjoy the game!
Please note that this prediction is based on the author’s analysis and understanding and should be considered as a reference when making your own prediction.