In an electrifying clash between arch-rivals, India continued their unblemished record against Pakistan in the ODI World Cup. With a resounding seven-wicket victory in Ahmedabad, India secured their eighth consecutive win over Pakistan in this prestigious tournament. The encounter showcased India’s formidable bowling prowess, as they restricted Pakistan to a modest 191 runs after winning the toss. While Babar Azam (50) and Mohammad Rizwan (49) showed promise, the rest of the Pakistani lineup faltered. Notable contributions came from Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, and Mohammed Siraj, each claiming two wickets. In response, Rohit Sharma’s explosive 86-run innings, combined with Shreyas Iyer’s unbeaten 53, steered India to a memorable victory.
- India secured their eighth consecutive win over Pakistan in the ODI World Cup.
- The contest unfolded in Ahmedabad, where skipper Rohit Sharma chose to field first.
- Pakistan was bowled out for 191 runs, despite promising performances by Babar Azam and Mohammad Rizwan.
- Hardik Pandya, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja, and Mohammed Siraj each claimed two wickets for India.
- India’s response was led by Rohit Sharma’s brilliant 86-run innings and Shreyas Iyer’s unbeaten 53, ensuring victory.
This thrilling encounter further solidified India’s dominance over Pakistan in the ODI World Cup, adding another remarkable chapter to their storied rivalry.