Amavasya tithi has special significance in Hinduism. Some of these new moons are considered special. In that way, the new moon day of Jayeshta month is very special because there are not one…three special things. Shani Jayanti also falls on the day of Jyeshta Amavasya, on which married women observe Savitri Vrat. Bathing, giving alms, fasting and worshiping the banyan tree on Jyeshta Amavasi will bring great results.
This year Jyeshta Amavasi falls on 19th May. That means Savitri Vrat will be observed on May 19 and Shani Jayanti will also be celebrated. By doing this one gets the blessings of the ancestors and blessings of Lord Shani, Vishnu and Shankar.
When is Jayeshta Amavasya 2023?
Bathing in holy rivers on Jayeshta Amavasi will remove the sins of 7 births. Apart from that, tarpanam must be done on this day to bring happiness to the ancestors. Jyeshta Amavasai Tithi will start on May 18, 2023 at 9.42 PM and end on May 19, 2023 at 9.22 PM. Friday 19th May is observed as Jyeshta Amavasi according to Udayatidhi.
Amavasha is a time of atonement
Bathing timings on Jyeshta Amavasi – 05.15 AM to 04.59 PM
Savitri Puja Muhurtham – 05.43 am to 08.58 am
Shani Bhagwan Pooja Muhurtam – 06.42 PM to 07.03 PM
Read Also | A new storm brewing? Rain likely in Tamil Nadu today weather latest update
Remedies to be performed on Jayeshta Amavasi:
* Take a dip in a holy river, reservoir or pond on Jayeshta Amavasi day. Also perform arkya archan to Lord Surya.
* If you put black sesame seeds in flowing water on the new moon day, many problems will be removed.
* Amavasya day is important for offering darpanam to the souls of the ancestors and giving alms to the poor. Donate after taking bath on this day.
* On the day of Jayeshta Amavasa, married women should worship the deity Yama for the long life of their husbands.
* Shani Devan was born on Jayeshta Amavasi. On Shani Jayanti offer mustard oil, black sesame seeds, black clothes and blue flowers to Lord Shani. Chant Shani Mantra