The Election Commission of India (ECI) has announced the schedule for the upcoming state elections in Mizoram, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Telangana. These elections are set to play a crucial role in shaping the political landscape as they serve as a prelude to the 2024 Lok Sabha polls. Let’s take a closer look at the important dates and details for each state.
- Election Date: November 7
- Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar announced that Mizoram will go to the polls on November 7, 2023.
- Election Date: November 17
- Madhya Pradesh is scheduled to hold elections on November 17, 2023.
- Election Dates: November 7 and 17 (Two Phases)
- Chhattisgarh will have elections in two phases on November 7 and 17, 2023.
- Election Date: November 23
- Rajasthan’s election day is set for November 23, 2023.
- Election Date: November 30
- Telangana will conclude the series of state elections on November 30, 2023.
The counting of votes for all five states will take place on December 3, 2023.
These elections are significant, with nearly 16 crore eligible voters expected to participate. Chief Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar emphasized the ECI’s commitment to ensuring fair and inducement-free elections, promising strong measures to uphold the integrity of the electoral process.
Stay tuned for comprehensive coverage and updates as these states prepare to exercise their democratic rights and shape the political landscape in the run-up to the 2024 Lok Sabha elections.