Ludhiana: 11 people died in a gas leak in a Goyal Milk Plant factory in Giaspura area of Ludhiana, Punjab. 11 people have health problems. Rescue teams rushed to the spot after receiving the information. Doctors, ambulances and firefighters were also dispatched to the scene. The affected area is circumscribed.
Elaborating on the gas leak in the factory, Ludhiana’s Sub Divisional Magistrate Swati Diwana said, “Definitely, it is a gas leak. National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) teams reached the spot and evacuated the people. eleven people were involved in the incident. 11 people were killed
The nature of the gas and where and how it leaked is unknown. The National Disaster Response Force will continue to investigate the matter. “Priority is being given to evacuate people from the high-traffic area of Giaspura,” he said.
Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann said that all possible assistance is being provided and more details will be shared soon.
“Other details will be released soon.”
In this regard, he tweeted, “The incident of gas leakage in a factory in Giaspura area of Ludhiana is very sad.
Police, government and National Disaster Response Force teams have been dispatched to the spot. All possible assistance is being provided. Other details will be released soon,” he said.
Tragic News of 9 persons killed and many others trapped inside a factory in Ludhiana after a gas leak today. My heartfelt condolences with bereaved families. May Waheguru save all those injured or trapped inside ????????#Punjab
— Manjinder Singh Sirsa (@mssirsa) April 30, 2023
Goyal Milk Plant, a dairy manufacturing plant, suffered a gas leak from its cooling system. Residents near the factory are said to have passed out in their houses and the area is now so insecure that no one can enter the area.
Read Also | PM Modi’s 100th Mann ki Baat: Rajinikanth, Ilayaraja, 200 celebrities invited
A couple with three children were found dead at the clinic. Eight people, including two men, four women and two children, died and were taken to hospital.
Local resident Ram Murad said, “My cousin Sourav Goyal, 28, and his wife Triti Goyal, brother Gaurav Goyal and his mother and eight-month-old baby boy were caught in the gas leak. The couple and the mother have died while the baby is beyond critical stage. Gaurav’s condition is critical.” said.