The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued its weather forecast for the period from October 2 to October 6, predicting heavy to very heavy rainfall in multiple states, including Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Kerala, and Maharashtra. Additionally, thunderstorms with lightning are expected during this time.
- Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, and Chhattisgarh are likely to experience heavy to very heavy rainfall from October 2 to October 6.
- Sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Gangetic West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, and Sikkim can expect light to moderate rainfall during the same period, along with the possibility of storms and lightning.
Delhi Weather (October 2):
- The IMD forecasts clear skies in Delhi for the day. The maximum temperature is expected to reach 35 degrees Celsius, with a minimum of 22 degrees Celsius.
Eastern and Northeastern India:
- Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, and Arunachal Pradesh are likely to witness heavy rainfall from October 2 to October 5, accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning.
- Chhattisgarh and East Madhya Pradesh are expected to receive widespread light to moderate precipitation, with the possibility of thunderstorms and lightning.
Heavy Rains in Chhattisgarh:
- Chhattisgarh may experience heavy to very heavy rainfall at isolated locations during this period.
Southern and Western India:
- Some areas in Kerala and Mahe can expect light to moderate rainfall. Heavy rainfall was reported in isolated areas of Konkan & Goa, as well as Kerala & Mahe, on the previous day.
Please stay updated with local authorities and follow safety precautions, especially if you are in regions prone to heavy rainfall and thunderstorms.