In a significant development ahead of the Ram Mandir Pran Pratistha ceremony on January 22, the Uttar Pradesh government has initiated helicopter services to Ayodhya from six districts in the state.
Commencing with an inauguration by Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in Lucknow, this service aims to facilitate pilgrims and visitors from Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Lucknow, Prayagraj, Mathura, and Agra on their journey to Ayodhya.
Details about the helicopter services, including ticket fares, have been unveiled by Uttar Pradesh’s Principal Secretary of Tourism, Mukesh Meshram. The Chief Minister’s directive to provide helicopter facilities to Ram devotees has led to the launch of these services from six districts.
Aerial Darshan of Ayodhya:
Adding a unique dimension to the experience, the Uttar Pradesh government is introducing an aerial darshan of Ayodhya and the Ram temple. The helicopter services will take off from a helipad near the tourism guesthouse along the banks of the Saryu River. Devotees interested in the aerial darshan must make advance bookings for this extraordinary journey, with a maximum duration of 15 minutes and a fixed fare of Rs 3,539 per devotee.
Key Information on Helicopter Services:
- The helicopter ride can accommodate up to five devotees with a weight limit of 400 kg.
- Devotees are allowed to carry a maximum of 5 kg of luggage during the journey.
- The helicopter services cover a distance of 126 km from Gorakhpur to Ayodhya Dham, completing the journey in 40 minutes.
Ticket Price Highlights:
- From Namo Ghat in Varanasi to Ayodhya (160 km in 55 minutes): Rs 14,159 per devotee.
- From Ramabai in Lucknow to Ayodhya (132 km in 45 minutes): Rs 14,159 per devotee.
- From Tourism Guest House in Prayagraj to Ayodhya (157 km in 50 minutes): Rs 14,159 per devotee.
- From Govardhan Parikrama in Barsana, Mathura, to Ayodhya (135 minutes): Rs 35,399 per devotee.
- From Agra Expressway in Agra to Ayodhya (135 minutes): Rs 35,399 per devotee.
Advance Bookings for Aerial Darshan:
Devotees seeking the aerial darshan experience can make advance bookings for a 15-minute tour covering key landmarks such as the Ram temple, Hanumangarhi, and Saryu ghat.
The state government encourages enthusiasts to secure their spots for this captivating journey.
As this helicopter service takes flight, it opens new avenues for devotees to embark on a unique and convenient pilgrimage to Ayodhya.