Minecraft: Bedrock Edition enthusiasts were thrilled with the release of the 1.20.40 update on October 24, 2023. This update brought a series of changes and improvements to the game, aligning it more closely with Minecraft Java Edition. Whether you’re playing on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10/11 PCs, or Android/iOS mobile devices, the download and update process for Minecraft 1.20.40 is incredibly straightforward.
Xbox Consoles: Easy as 1-2-3
If you’re a Minecraft fan on Xbox, updating to the latest version is a breeze. Here’s how:
- From your dashboard, press the guide button and select “My Games & Apps.”
- Choose Minecraft from the game list and press the menu button.
- Select “Manage Game,” scroll down through the “Ready to Update” section, select the game, and press the Install button.
PlayStation: A Swift Update
Updating Minecraft on a PlayStation console is quick and effortless. Follow these steps:
- Highlight the game’s icon on your dashboard and press the options button.
- Select “Check for Updates” from the menu. Alternatively, you can open your library and select the game there, following the same process.
Nintendo Switch: Manual Control
While Nintendo Switch typically handles updates automatically, you might need to do it manually. Here’s how:
- From the dashboard, select the game from your list of applications and press the + or – button.
- Choose “Update Software” and then “Via the Internet.” Pending updates should be added to your download queue.
Windows 10/11 PCs: A Slightly Different Path
Updating Minecraft Bedrock on Windows requires a different approach. Follow these steps:
- Open the Microsoft Store app and navigate to the library tab.
- Click the Games tab on the library screen and find Minecraft in the list.
- Click the Update button to install version 1.20.40. You can then return to the game launcher and enjoy the game. Alternatively, you can press the “Get Updates” button in the library tab to automatically update all applications and software that need it.
Android/iOS Mobile Devices: Keep it Simple
Mobile devices running Android or iOS typically update the game automatically. But if you encounter issues, here’s how to update manually:
- Attempt to open the game app. You might receive a notification that an update is needed. Navigate to the Apple App Store/Google Play store to update the game.
- If the first step doesn’t work, open your app store, navigate to your library, find Minecraft in the application list, and tap the Update button. Once the download is complete, exit the app store and open the game.
Downloading the 1.20.40 update is straightforward, ensuring you can spend less time on downloads and more time enjoying the latest changes and improvements in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition.