Megan Fox, the actress known for her roles in “Jennifer’s Body” and other films, has revealed details about her past abusive relationships with famous individuals in her book of poetry titled “Pretty Boys Are Poisonous.” In a recent interview with Good Morning America, Fox discussed the themes of abuse and toxicity in her relationships that she explores in the book.
- Hidden Pain: Megan Fox admitted that she had been in at least one physically abusive relationship and several psychologically abusive ones in her life. She emphasized that these relationships involved famous individuals, but her connections with them have remained secret.
- Book Inspiration: The actress, currently engaged to musician Machine Gun Kelly and with three children from her previous marriage to Brian Austin Green, revealed that her fiancé encouraged her to write a poetry book. Her experiences in these relationships served as a source of inspiration for her work.
- Hesitation in Publishing: Some of Fox’s poems were not included in the book because they were deemed too revealing for someone in the public eye. She expressed her wish to write more freely if she were not a known person, suggesting that her writing might be even more candid.
- Poetry Excerpts: One of the poems titled “oxycodone and tequila” graphically describes a scene of domestic violence. In it, she recounts instances of being hit, spat on, and choked by a man she describes as “delusional and possessed.” Fox also details the taste of blood in her mouth and feeling trapped by the man.
- Shared Experiences: Megan Fox believes that her poetry book contains elements that women can relate to, as it touches on complex and challenging aspects of relationships. She sees the poems as an opportunity for others to find strength and healing through shared experiences.
- Empowerment through Expression: Fox hopes her words can inspire others to take back their happiness and identity by using their voices to address buried and forgotten experiences.
“Pretty Boys Are Poisonous: Poems” is now available for purchase and delves into the complexities and challenges of relationships, offering a glimpse into Megan Fox’s past experiences of abuse and her path to healing.