The Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) is set to commence the registration process for the Bihar Police sub-inspector recruitment on October 5, 2023. This recruitment drive aims to fill a total of 1,275 vacant sub-inspector positions. The registration window will remain open until November 5, offering interested candidates ample time to apply.
- Vacant Positions: The BPSSC is conducting this recruitment for various categories, including unreserved (441 posts), SC (275 posts), ST (16 posts), EBC (238 posts), OBC (107 posts), backward class (female) (82 posts), Economic Weaker Sections (111 posts), and transgenders (5 posts).
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Age criteria differ based on categories. For unreserved candidates, the age range is 20 to 37 years, while female candidates, OBC, and EBC categories have an age range of 20 to 40 years. For SC and ST candidates, the maximum age limit is 42 years. Male candidates need to meet certain physical fitness requirements, including height and chest measurements.
- Exam Pattern: The Bihar Police SI 2023 examination consists of two phases: prelims and mains.
- Preliminary Exam: Candidates will need to answer 100 questions covering general knowledge and problem-solving within a two-hour timeframe. Each correct answer is awarded two marks, and a minimum of 30% marks is required to qualify for Paper 1.
- Mains Exam: The mains exam consists of two papers. The first paper focuses on Hindi and carries 100 marks, with questions worth two marks each. The second paper includes questions on current affairs, science, mathematics, Indian history, reasoning, geography, and political science, also totaling 100 questions with two marks per correct answer.
- Negative Marking: For each incorrect response in both phases, 0.2 marks will be deducted.
- Physical Examination Test: After successfully clearing the written examination, candidates will be required to appear for a physical examination test.
This recruitment offers aspiring candidates an opportunity to join the Bihar Police as sub-inspectors, provided they meet the eligibility criteria and perform well in the written examinations and physical tests. To stay updated with the registration process and other relevant information, candidates can visit the official website, bpssc.bih.nic.in.