In an extraordinary acknowledgment of academic excellence and research contributions, a total of 19 faculty members from the Indian Institute of Technology-Patna (IIT-P) and the National Institute of Technology-Patna (NIT-P) have been honored by securing a place among the world’s top 2% scientists for the year 2023. This prestigious recognition is a result of their remarkable contributions and comes from the renowned Stanford University, located in the United States.
Stanford’s Methodology: A Hallmark of Prestige
Stanford University annually assembles a distinguished list featuring the top 2% researchers on a global scale. The evaluation criteria are rooted in their research publications, making this ranking one of the most prestigious accolades in the world of academia.
The data used to compile this prestigious list is carefully curated through bibliometric data obtained from the Scopus database and is published by Elsevier, a reputable publishing company. This comprehensive assessment includes a vast pool of over 180,000 researchers worldwide, encompassing 22 scientific fields and 176 subfields.
IIT-Patna’s Stellar Representation
The Indian Institute of Technology-Patna (IIT-P) has taken its reputation to new heights, with 14 of its faculty members securing places on this esteemed list. These faculty members have demonstrated exceptional contributions in various domains of engineering, science, and humanities, reflecting the diverse expertise of IIT-Patna. Notably, the institute’s director, T N Singh, is one of those celebrated for this remarkable achievement.
Diverse Expertise: IIT-Patna’s Faculty Honored
In addition to Director T N Singh, the distinguished faculty members from IIT-Patna featured on this prestigious list are:
- Naveen Kumar Nishchal (Physics)
- Manabendra Pathak (Mechanical Engineering)
- Ranjan Kumar Behera and Maheshkumar H Kolekar (Electrical Engineering)
- Sriparna Saha and Asif Iqbal (Computer Science and Engineering)
- Amarnath Hegde (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Anirban Bhattacharya (Mechanical Engineering)
- Richa Chaudhary (Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Pratibhamoy Das (Mathematics)
- Surajit Kumar Paul (Mechanical Engineering)
- Udit Satija and Jagannath Malik (Electrical Engineering).
NIT-Patna’s Notable Inclusions
For the first time, the National Institute of Technology-Patna (NIT-P) is celebrating the recognition of five of its faculty members, who have earned their place on this prestigious list. These accomplished individuals belong to diverse domains of academia and include:
- Pijush Samui (Civil Engineering)
- Ashish Kumar Bhandari (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
- Amit Kumar Singh (Computer Science Engineering)
- Suyel Namasudra (Computer Science Engineering)
- Gaurav Varshney (Electronics and Computer Engineering).
A Testament to Academic Excellence
The inclusion of these faculty members from IIT-Patna and NIT-Patna in the world’s top 2% scientists list is a testament to their dedication, brilliance, and unrelenting commitment to the realms of research and academia.
Their outstanding work and contributions continue to elevate the global reputation of their institutions, setting an inspiring example for aspiring researchers and students. This recognition is an incredible source of pride for these esteemed institutions and the academic community at large.